There are many petroleum applications for geostatistical models. High resolution 3D models are constructed for recovery calculations in a dynamic simulator. Regional mapping quantifies the uncertainty in the resource over a reasonably large area and guides a number of reservoir management decisions including the valuation of different lease areas, acquisition of new data, sequencing of development and layout of surface facilities. These and other petroleum applications are discussed in these lessons.
- Upscaling Reservoir Properties
- On Ranking Realizations
- Direct Scaleup of Flow Properties
- Stratigraphic Grid Systems
- Construction of Event Based Training Images
- Drilling a Realization for Resampling Studies